Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy Days

In general, I feel pretty busy lately. But I always prefer being busy to bored. As long as I don't feel burnt out. In order to avoid that, I told myself I'd take off one day/month from work. I didn't do this in January but it had been so soon since our holiday vacation that it didn't feel necessary. February I took off the day after the half marathon but I did go into work for an hour for a meeting. March I took off a day that my mom was in town and enjoyed some shopping. And next Monday I'm taking my April day. And doing nothing. Or at least very little. Except sewing my stupid curtain. Yes, you heard me. I will sew my curtains on Monday!

Until then, I'm tired. Today was another busy day. I've been getting to work earlier and earlier for the past few months. I'm usually there between 7:30 and 7:45 and today was no exception. Then, at 10, our entire staff did a community service project where we cleaned up parts of the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail. Devon and I opted to get some exercise, too, and canoed the lake while picking up trash. Then it was our annual all staff/volunteers/interns picnic. Buster joined us for this and really enjoyed meeting other dogs, chasing Frisbees and eating scraps of food on the ground.

And, believe it or not, the day didn't end there for me. I hosted our monthly book club at my house tonight. I was super excited because it was my first role as 'host' in my house. And there were 10 of us! It felt a bit crowded (how will I possibly fit 30+ for a shower at the end of the month?) but not too bad and I think it was a success. Buster seemed a bit overwhelmed and is now worn out. And I can relate. I think we'll both sleep well after this long (but fun and successful) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment