Friday, March 19, 2010

New Resting Place, New Views....

I got my new couch today! Thanks to my dad who waited for the delivery men while I was at work. I'm sitting on it now as I type this and while it certainly feels different than my previous one, I love it and have no doubt that we'll spend lots of quality time together.

But I will miss my yellow couch. It was my first big furniture purchase as an adult and I have good memories on that couch....some that can be shared and some that just remain special to me. I hope whomever picked it up off the side of the road (yes, I put it on the curb and it was gone within 3 hours) enjoys it as much as I do.

But, Cafe Noir (the color of my new couch) and I are going to be fast friends and build many new memories together.



Also, the final installment of my bedroom art updates arrived today. Since Jess and I brainstormed the other night where I would put things, I went ahead and hung everything tonight. It's hard to capture in one picture but I think it looks really good. The colors all go so well together and it's soothing and whimsical, which is just what I was going for.


Of course now that I have a new couch and new art work, I have that many more things I want to do around the house to 'match' their newness. But one step at a time. Gutter and pest control quotes are on Monday. Doesn't that sound riveting?

Also, as an update for those of you waiting on the edge of your seat, wondering how my hot water heater has been working.....it seems to be fixed. After calling Ken for advice, the contractor who built my home to see where he got it (turns out, he didn't buy it and the first contractor, who was then fired from the job did, from Ebay of all places), I called my home warranty company. Seventy-five dollars later it seems to be fixed. Sadly, what he did seemed equivalent to rebooting a computer. But I know nothing about tankless hot water heaters (who am I kidding? I know nothing about 'tankful' hot water heaters) and anything related to gas made me nervous. So I basically paid someone $75 to unplug and replug it in. Ah well, now I know how to do it myself. See one, do one, teach one.....

But boy has it been a busy week. Between a crazy week of work, a nail in one of my car tires, my hot water heater on the fritz, my dad in town, not getting much sleep and SXSW in town, I'm exhausted. Good night for now!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh! Me likey! Can't wait to see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed- looking forward to coming over and resting on the new couch soon!

    ReplyDelete