Monday, March 29, 2010

Rebuilding

Since my loss last weekend (purse, camera, wallet, credit cards, ID, etc.) I've been slowly rebuilding. I dug an old purse out of my closet and one of the many cosmetic bags I've gotten for free during 'bonus time' at Macy's and loaded that up with the usual suspects - band aids, lip gloss, aspirin, etc. Due to my unexpected cost to replace my window, I told myself that while I wasn't allowed to buy a new purse (yet), I was allowed to buy a new wallet. I mean I didn't have a back-up wallet so I really needed one.

My new wallet arrived on Friday afternoon along with several replacement credit cards. Today, my insurance card and ATM card arrived.

But the best rebuilding of all is thanks to Devon. Last year one of her friends accidentally dropped her camera and the lens broke. The camera still works but it looks pretty beat up. She treated herself to a new camera and this weekend was kind enough to offer me her old camera until I get a new one. I was so excited to be reunited with a Canon again. And while I may not have any pictures to post tonight, rest assured that new(ish) Canon will be used a lot.

So while my purse still feels a little bit light and empty, I'm thrilled to have a camera be part of my life again. Next up is my driver's license. Wish me luck braving the DPS in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment