Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bedroom Updates

Since Operation Yard Work is temporarily on hold until Texas Lawn Service mows my lawn (fingers crossed it will be this week thanks to my Groupon coupon) I'm refocusing on the inside of my house. Specifically my bedroom. I bought new bedding at Ikea last month and have been shopping for art work for my walls with the color scheme of greys, blues and purples. Very soothing sounding, huh?


With my mom's help, I started making some headway. We bought this rug at Crate and Barrel, which then prompted me to buy a bunch of art off Etsy, which should arrive next week. I can't wait to clothe my naked bedroom walls!



Meanwhile, while I was pretty certain I was keeping the rug, I'm 100% certain now. The first night I got it, I was in the kitchen cooking and realized Buster wasn't strategically placed at my feet as he often is when I'm cooking, hoping for scraps. So I went to look for him. I found him in my bedroom literally stuck to the rug. He likes to roll around on his back on rugs and must have been doing so to christen this new addition and one of his collar tags got stuck in the rug. So there he was, patiently and quietly waiting for a rescue. Poor thing! It makes me love the rug even more.


The rest of my weekend with my mom was equally as great but focused on Lucie, who is more and more adorable each day. She came to visit me at work and was a huge hit. Her current favorite activities are pointing to the light and petting everything around her (we've been practicing how to safely pets dogs so now she does it with her stuffed animals and blankets, too), dropping food for Bailey and buster to eat, collecting pebbles in the backyard and sleeping.



No comments:

Post a Comment