Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feeling Like A Homeowner

So, it's official. I feel like a homeowner now. Between dealing with my hot water heater last week and the number of estimates I'm getting for improvements right now, it's true, I am a homeowner. But it feels good.

Although it's easy to 'feel good' about it when I currently have the means to deal with home ownership. Thanks to my hefty tax return, I'm investing in some areas of my home that, hopefully, in the future, will end up saving me money in the long run (not buying a couch of course but that's just fun!).

Monday morning around my house was hectic. I felt a little like that scene in Mr. Mom when Michael Keaton is running around, trying to deal with laundry overflowing, screaming children and delivery people. My situation wasn't nearly as hectic but it sure did require a lot of time management and Buster control. Luckily, my dad was there to help me and Kelsey jumped in at the last minute to take me to the airport because my car window hadn't been repaired yet. Apparently Subaru windows are trickier than normal ones b/c they don't have frames the same way other cars do and they have extra, internal screws. Who knew?

Now it just needs to be tinted to match the rest of the windows.

The rest of the morning was spent getting estimates for gutter installations and some pest control around the house. Once I get back from my trip, I'll review the estimates and make my decisions but I'm pretty certain I'm going to move forward with both of them. Then there's still a little left to begin some yard renovations. Not as much as I originally thought. The expenses to get my car window replaced, a new wallet and my impromptu decision to get a mattress box spring, decreased the funds available but those are all decisions that I'm happy with.

Sadly, until I get a new camera, this blog will remain picture free. You'll have to use your imagination. If I was any good at drawing, I would do that and scan pictures. But I can barely draw stick figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment