Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stay Tuned....

I promise that this blog is really about my house and the adventures of home ownership. I know that many of my posts lately have been unrelated (sadly, I'm reminded how much TV I watch). But I'm trying.


I think every night, 'what can I post that's related to my house?'. Detailing my cooking projects, cleaning Buster's muddy paws, the sudden overnight move out of my next door neighbor and overgrown grass in my yard don't make for exciting stories.


This blog is really holding me accountable to getting my home in order. And I promise that I've been working on things. The two latest projects are related to my kitchen. I bought fabric from Ikea last month to make curtains for my french doors and window in my kitchen. They're cut and ready to be sewn; however I don't have a curtain rod yet and I want to hang that before I sew them and drape them over the rod to see if I really like how they look.


I also bought knobs for my kitchen cabinets. I splurged and got ones from Anthropologie (my happy place) but don't own a drill so I need to borrow one in order to get those installed. I still need pulls for my kitchen drawers but those will be much more basic than the cute ones I got from Anthro.

My goal is to get these items completed by the end of February. Honestly, and maybe this is lofty thinking, after the half marathon I'm going to have a lot more free time. Kelsey and I still plan to run regularly but not 5x/week. So I really and truly will have updates to post in the coming weeks.



In the meantime, I'm on the hunt for art work for my bedroom. I'd like to stick with the color palette of greys, purples and blues. I don't want it to be too geometric and I'd like something with texture. So if you come across anything that fits the bill, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment