Wednesday, February 17, 2010

'Be Good. I Love You.'

This is what I always said to Max (and now to Buster) when I leave the house. Although, to be honest, it took me awhile to say it to Buster. I stole Devon's line of 'Be good. I'm fond of you,' until I felt like I truly loved Buster.

And now I find that I say it to my house when I leave (not out loud, just in my head. My neighbors may already think I'm crazy so I don't need to add to it). I'm not sure what sort of trouble I think my house may get into but either way I miss it when I'm gone.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for my first work trip in months. I think I'm out of practice packing, which used to be so second nature for me. But I also find that I'm not super excited to go but only because I am going to miss my house.

Is it possible to miss an inanimate object? Is it like Haley's desire to wear her wedding dress all the time around her house? She just loves it so much, she wants to always 'experience' it. I guess that's the way I feel about my home.

So for the next few days while I'm in New Orleans and Buster is having fun with Kelsey and Jim, my house will be quiet (and safe b/c of course I'll turn on my alarm) and, of course, 'good'.

No comments:

Post a Comment