Monday, February 15, 2010

Open Sesame

Finally, a housing update! Back to the roots of this blog, I have a home improvement project to share.

As previously mentioned, I decided to splurge on some kitchen cabinet knobs from Anthropologie. Because I both wanted to be financially responsible and creative, I am not using the same knobs on all my cabinets. The cabinets that are above the counter top will have my fancy knobs and the cabinets and drawers below the counter top will have the not-so-fancy Target 'brushed nickel' pulls.




After borrowing Jim's drill and enlisting Devon's help (she did go to an engineering school after all), the knobs are in! After some crafty measuring, some diagram drawing, some smoking from the cabinets and the use of a hot pad that has a grippy side (those knobs were tough to screw in) part one of Operation Kitchen Cabinets is done!





No comments:

Post a Comment