Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow!

Our winter weather has been wacky. It's been cold and rainy since December but we've had the occasional dry, sunny and warm day. For example, last Sunday it was 78 and sunny! Alas, two days later we had this:




It was raining and sleeting when I woke up. I made it to work safety (it's less than 2 miles away) and watched as the weather got more interesting throughout the day. It was a mix of sleet and rain for awhile but then snow! And for several hours. When I got home after work, there was still snow on my grass and deck. While it was nothing compared to the blizzards my family and friends back east have experienced this year, the light dusting of snow was enough to make me excited. Although I've lost all track of time. I can't believe it's almost March and I'm still regularly using my heat b/c it's in the 30s every night. If this means we have a shorter summer, though, I'm all for it.

Also, one final thanks to Kelsey and Jim for watching Buster last weekend. He clearly had a great time as he was worn out Sunday night. Here's Kelsey and her doggy boyfriend:








No comments:

Post a Comment