Saturday, February 13, 2010

Half Marathon Eve

Tomorrow's the big day and I'm ready.

I can't wait to get out there and see how all of my training has paid off. I know that 13.1 miles may not seem like a big deal. Those who do Triathlons, Marathons and Ironmen may not think this is a big accomplishment. But I'm pretty proud of myself.

As I've said a few times, it feels different doing this in my 30s than in my 20s. No matter what happens tomorrow, I don't have any regrets. I'll never be the fastest runner and while I may have some time goals in my head, it's not about that for me. I just want to look back and feel proud of my efforts.

People keep asking me how I feel about tomorrow. As I've lay out my clothes in anticipation of a chilly start to the day I'm just grateful that the previously predicted chances of rain are gone. If the worst thing I have to deal with are some cold temps at the start line, I'll take it. Otherwise, it appears to be the perfect running day - high 40s and partly sunny.

So wish me luck. While I know it won't change my outcome, I'll take it.

Between the adrenaline, my newly created 'Move Your Ass' play list on my Ipod, my friends and colleagues cheering us on at a water stop and on the course and the reminder that I'm doing this because I raised money for an organization that (while yes I'm biased) I truly believe can make a difference in the lives of people affected by cancer I have no doubt that I'll cross the finish line with a smile (and maybe a hobble).

2 comments:

  1. It's a HUGE accomplishment and nobody would think otherwise. Good Luck Mellie, Kelsey, and everybody on Team LIVESTRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! (And I may need to borrow your "Move Your Ass" playlist...)

    ReplyDelete