Sunday, January 31, 2010

Routine

I'm a sucker for a schedule and rules. It's not that I never break the rules (although it's pretty infrequent) and I'm never spontaneous (although, let's be honest, that's not my usual M.O.) but I love a good routine. It helps keep me focused.

Now that Buster and I have been in the house for almost two months, we've got a pretty good routine down, especially on weekend mornings. He usually wakes me up around 7ish - ready to go outside and eat breakfast. Most mornings, I just make coffee, turn on the TV to watch news (sometimes real news, sometimes Entertainment news) and enjoy a few hours of a quiet morning. Some mornings, I get back into bed and read or fall back asleep.

But almost every weekend morning, after Buster has frolicked outside, eaten his breakfast and played a rousing game of fetch (usually on his own - he's pretty good at entertaining himself), he ends up back in bed for his first nap of the day. Babies and dogs - how I envy the amount they sleep.

So while I'm often making breakfast, doing laundry, planning my long run and making lists, this is what Buster is doing:


No comments:

Post a Comment