Saturday, January 9, 2010

Forgetfulness

Lately I can't seem to remember anything. Clearly you saw what happened when I went to the grocery store this week.

Unless I right something down and then basically put that note in a place where I can't miss it, I'll forget something. Some things you'd think you'd learn to do more subconsciously but I think as I get older and have more and more to remember that doesn't happen as often.

We're also currently in a Mercury retrograde. For those of you non-astrology people out there, my colleague and friend, Lee, told me all about this. It occurs 4x/year and things go haywire. Computer problems happen, car accidents occur with more frequency and overall communication is poor. I've definitely seen this occur this week. First, I had a virus on my computer on Monday (thanks to LAF's IT team it has been fixed). And, when I looked back, I realized my flat tire also occurred during the retrograde (yes, they last 4 weeks each time).

And then on Friday, I went to work early to run. Because while Kelsey and I have been fully dedicated to sticking with our training schedule, even 20 degrees is too cold for me to run outside. We're lucky that we have 2 treadmills at work so we can run together, at our own pace, and still enjoy each other's company (and the Today show on the big screen TV). So we finish our run and I realize I've not only left my change of shoes at home, I also didn't pack underwear.

Thank goodness I only live 7 minutes away but geez when will my forgetfulness end?

On a good note, I had a very successful Ikea trip today and bought 2 stools for my kitchen table, some fabric to make curtains out of, a shelving unit for my bathroom and a new duvet cover and blanket for my bed. I can't wait to sleep tonight in my cozy bed, which is a good thing b/c it's supposed to be 18 degrees again.

So for those of you who also suffer from forget fullness and overall think that things have felt wacky lately, well blame it on the retrograde. That works for me. At least until it ends next week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mellie, I always blame it on being a mom. I've been SO forgetful lately... I guess I could co-blame it on the retrograde.

    Cute shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute! You came all the way to IKEA and didn't call me? You're in trouble, missy! Love the new look, btw and am glad to have a reason for my forgetfulness. :)

    ReplyDelete