Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Christmas Vacation - Part 2

It's day 2 back at work and while yesterday was a bit of a struggle (i.e. I wondered where my afternoon nap and cocktails went), today I felt much more on track. I was productive and really enjoyed my day. I love my job and am reminded of that all the time. It feels good to work in a place where I respect my colleagues and admire the work we all do. But I digress.....

Yesterday (admittedly a few days late) I reviewed my 2009 resolutions. I was so pleased to see that I'd accomplished them.

1. Run a further distance than a 5k. I ran 2 10Ks and a 5 mile race in 2009 so I think I knocked that one out of the park. And I'm training for 2 half marathons this year.

2. Do more crossword puzzles. Okay, so maybe this was vague but I know I did more.....

3. Swim more. Okay, vague, too, but I did have specific swimming goals this summer (thanks to coach Devon) that I accomplished including swimming a consecutive mile, so I think that counts.

So what about 2010? Here's what I came up with:

1. Complete 1 housing project/month

2. Get pet insurance for Buster (once I have it I probably won't need it but better safe then sorry)

3. Actively pursue long-term, healthy relationships with men (I clarify the gender b/c I'm pretty successful in my female friendships)

Yes, friends and family, you heard me right. I'm putting it out there. My life is pretty well in order and while I'm very happy, I admit that I do want to find a life long partner. So where to begin. I promise not to turn this into a dating blog (I can't do that to my parents) but want you all to know that I'm open to being set up, etc. One rule of thumb (thanks to Devon, again), we have to have more in common than just being single. Email me if you want more details.....

In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy life, my adorable niece and dog and look back fondly on my holidays and visit from friends. Some highlights follow.

Buster's first snow (he's a bit camouflaged but I promise he's there):

Lucie's first snow:

Who can resist this face?







She doesn't really want to be held right now but she's still adorable! Lucie and I had so much fun with grandma, despite the wind and freezing temps.






Buster had a friend, Murray, come to visit. Sadly, I took no pictures of Murray's parents, Leslie and Scott, who were also here. But boy was Buster happy when I went back to work and he could go back to sleeping 10 hours/day.




My new kitchen table! Stools to come soon.....Thanks to Jim, Devon and Kelsey for helping to build it.

My new sofa table. I'm happy to have a place to hold my cookbooks. Thanks to Scott for assembling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment