Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grocery Store Bust

I finally decided to go to the grocery store tonight. After weeks of eating out and/or eating poorly I made a list of dinners I could make and healthy snacks I could have around the house. And I was off.....

A few things went wrong:

1. I forgot my list. sigh.
2. I was starving while there so I wanted to buy pretty much everything that (most likely) wasn't on my list.
3. I left my reusable bags in my car.

So despite my best intentions, I ended up with unhealthy snacks (chocolate chip cookies) and really nothing that actually equates to a meal. At one point I looked in my shopping cart and thought what a sad spectacle it was. In case anyone at the grocery store didn't already suspect I was single, if they looked in my cart, it would have certainly been confirmed. The items in my cart included:

2 bottles of wine
tortillas
cheese
chocolate chip cookies
bananas
bacon
coffee

And that about sums it up. I came home, heated up a frozen pizza, had a glass of wine and am calling it a day. Buster's pooped from doggy daycare and I'm tired from being an adult.

1 comment: