Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home Body

It's that time of year when most of us are more likely to stay in at night. The days are shorter and the weather is colder. On top of that I love being home.

I have to say, I'm really happy with how my house is coming together. The living area and kitchen are pretty much done (although I'll always have little projects I want to do) and now I'm working on my bedroom.

But I find that at the end of the day, after working for up to 10 hours and then squeezing in a run, I can't wait to come home, put on my pjs and just enjoy being in my home.

Last night I felt a little lame as I watched a rerun of Oprah and it was all about fashion and 'transforming' yourself and your style and Oprah says, 'if you're sitting around watching this in your sweats and your hair in a bun...'

Sure enough I had my hair pulled back, still wet from my shower and was in yoga pants. I felt ashamed. But just for a moment. I mean I wasn't watch this at 4pm. I had worked all day, run 4 miles and was unwinding. I wasn't leaving the house looking that way. I do listen to Tim Gunn.

So I'm not going to feel too guilty spending so much time at home right now. I'm not turning down social events for this. Life is just slower right now and I'm taking advantage of the time of year when it's ok to be at home more, to be more of a home body.

No comments:

Post a Comment