Monday, December 14, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

There are a couple of reasons I dislike the amount of rain we've been having:

1. Cleaning muddy paws (not just Buster's but his friend, Murphy's, who has been staying with us)
2. I don't have gutters. I know not everyone does but ever since my inspection and it was pointed out to me that this house doesn't have gutters and that rain run off can affect the foundation, I'm obsessed with getting them (or talking about when I'll get them)
3. It makes me realize that I'm not cut out to live in the Pacific Northwest
4. I'm training for a half marathon and spending more time on a treadmill than I ever wanted
5. I love my Ugg boots but they are not good wet weather boots. I keep wearing them anyway....

I know it's great for Austin to get so much rain but I wish it could be spread out over the year. I was begging for rain this summer to give us a break from the hot sun and heat but now I'd like the sun please. I guess I'm never satisfied, huh?

No pictures or major house updates this post. I did some more unpacking this weekend and now I'm at the point where I need to buy more things and hang things - both of which I don't quite feel ready to do. Luckily, with the busyness of the holidays and many social events this week, I will continue to avoid these big decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment