Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back to the grind

Despite buying a house, I still I have to work. I don't know why there aren't 'unpacking days' as part of a benefits package? But I'm lucky and grateful that I have such a flexible work environment - one that allowed me to work from my multiple homes last week and not make me feel guilty about it. Keep in mind, I am less than 2 miles from work and fully accessible (blackberry, Internet, etc.) so if anything did come up, I am readily available.


But despite working an odd work schedule last week and enjoying so much time to unpack and get settled this weekend, I was ready to get back to work on Monday. Largely because, as many of you know, I love a schedule. But every night that I've come home from work, I've tackled something else - unpacking more boxes, putting up my Christmas tree, enlisting Jim to help set up my wireless router. Considering I'm still squeezing in at least 4 runs/week to train for the Austin half marathon, my weekly pilates class and time with friends and Buster, I'm pooped. I've been sleeping better in the past few days than I have in months!

So, here's a sneak peak of the latest set up. I would have taken a picture of my fence (b/c I do love it so much!) but we have some massive fog going on in Austin. I can't even see my fence from my deck.
The unpacking has gone smoothly. My back fence and gate were finished yesterday, blinds were installed today and tomorrow I'll decorate my tree and start thinking about where I'll hang pictures. I've never felt so concerned about holes in walls before. Suddenly it's holes in my walls. So I want to be absolutely, positively sure that the place I choose to hang a picture is the place it will be for a long, long time. Wow. Responsibility is exhausting (and rewarding!). Who knew that the things I'd look forward to are when I can install my gutters?














No comments:

Post a Comment