Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Glee is the word.....

Today was the first day Buster got to check out his new house. He enjoyed sniffing around the yard, until a neighbor dog jumped a border fence and gave him a 'welcome to the neighborhood' marking. He survived the mini-attack. I think I took it harder. Understandably, my history with stray dogs isn't good. While I love Buster, it doesn't make me miss Max any less or wish that his final days hadn't been due to a stray and poorly managed dog. So when I see stray dogs, I get frustrated on so many levels - for the neglected dogs, for the owner who averted responsibility, for the system that's broken.








But I'm not going to let this ruin my new experience. I'm just going to build higher fences. Done and done.




For approximately 8 hours today I spent time at my new house. My cable and alarm systems were installed and it already feels more like home. Granted the only items at my house are an alarm system, my TV and cable box and some random food and half a bottle of wine in my fridge. Tomorrow night, before babysitting my adorable niece, Lucie, I plan to bring over other unpackable items - plants, pictures, ironing board - the essentials.








It's starting to feel like home. Really. I worried that I'd feel nervous living alone here but that's silly b/c I've lived alone for years. The alarm system helps for sure plus I've started to meet neighbors, get used to the new noises and overall claim my life here.


But boy is it exhausting feeling like an adult. Many times today I wondered where my husband was and why he wasn't helping me with some of this. Thank goodness I have such great friends and family close by - Haley and Jen for bringing me lunch and seeing the house for the first time, Devon and Veronica for being my IM buddies in crisis, Jess and Ken for bringing Buster and me dinner when I realized I was going to be here longer than I planned, Kelsey and Jim for just stopping by b/c they live so close and knew I'd appreciate company, Chris for being so practical and assuring when I called him after Buster's attack. All in all, not a bad way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment