Sunday, January 29, 2012

Run Sue Run


This morning, my friend, Sue, ran her first half marathon in a number of years. This was an important goal for her because not only did she recently turn 40 but she's been losing weight (and looks amazing!) and has suffered from exercise induced migraines.

She decided to run the 3M half marathon and did a great job training (despite some inconsistent running buddies).

She did a kick ass job today and not only am I so proud of her but it's good inspiration for me as I'm winding down my training for the next 3 weeks until my half marathon.

We went out to cheer for her today but despite our best intentions and planning, we missed her! I'm guessing by just seconds b/c we got to a great viewing point just as her husband told us she ran by. I know how much it would have meant for her to have seen us and I'm just bummed we didn't. Turns out, she was going much faster than we (or she) expected.

So we took this picture to send to her so we knew we were cheering her on!

Congrats to Sue on a very impressive run! I only hope I do as great at age 35 as you did at 40.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, thanks Mellie! I just posted about this on my blog too. You ladies are SO sweet to come out and cheer! See you in a few weeks as you take on 13.1 XOXO

    ReplyDelete