Monday, January 16, 2012

Lady Baby Anne





For those of you who don't know my friend, Haley, she's the epitome of a lady. She was born and raised in Alabama and has the lingerings of a true southern accent. And she always knows how to be a lady - she blushes when people discuss sex, she calls her mother-in-law Mrs. Gladys, she likes sweet tea and she always looks put together (ok, to be honest, she knows how to lounge but even then she looks adorable).



I don't think any of us were surprised she was having a girl. And we have no doubt she'll be as much of a Lady as Haley is.



Yesterday we (Sue, Nicole, Devon, Jen and me) threw Haley a shower. We tried to stay true to her southern roots and had chicken and waffles, iced tea, ham sliders and monograms a plenty. I have to admit, baby showers may be one of my least favorite things to attend. It's not that I hate babies or my friends having them - that couldn't be further from the truth. But typically they are pretty stuffy and boring.



I may be biased, since I helped plan this one but it was one of the best ones I've ever been to. It may also be that we had booze at the shower, which always makes things more fun. The food was also delicious (I've already asked Devon to make some appetizers for mine and Carl's wedding), the company was great and the gift opening was fun with a game of bingo as incentive to pay attention.



Most importantly I think Haley had a good time. We wrote well wishes (and wise words) to her future daughter, Anne, and I got a little teary when she read them aloud. I can't wait to see her as a mom and can't wait to add another little girl to my list of nieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment