Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crashes

While 2012 got off to a great start in many ways, it's been a rocky start for my car. About two weeks ago, at the end of a long work day, I walked out to my car and it had been hit. There was a note in the window from someone who witnessed the accident but not from the person who actually did it. There was a big dent in the bumper and a broken tail light (see picture 1). Sure, it was annoying, but it wasn' the end of the world.

Then aftef I finally dealt with the police and insurance companies and getting estimates, I set up an appointment for next Monday to get it fixed and pay my $250 deductible.

That same night I was driving to dinner to meet a friend and while sitting at a stop light, I was rear ended. A college student, not paying attention, slammed into the back of my car, pretty hard. I hit my face into the steering wheel but am overall ok. My car then hit the car in front of me and the police and EMS were quick to the scene. While the young girl was hysterically crying I was shaking my head that my poor car had now been hit twice, in the same spot. This time was much worse, however (see picture 2). My bumper is hanging on but the damage is more significant. I had to laugh when I called my insurance company about both my open and a new claim.

So while I'm still waiting to see what will happen with my car, I'm glad I'm ok. I just hope that whatever bad car karma I have right now has passed.





1 comment:

  1. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry....but your post reminded me that I needed to get an appt for tire rotation and oil change....so thanks (-:

    ReplyDelete