Sunday, January 15, 2012

Save the Date!



Carl and I went out to his land (also known as our future wedding venue) to take pictures for our Save the Date notifications. I didn't want to do engagement pictures (this is a regional tradition that I didn't grow up knowing on the east coast) but I wanted to do something cute for our Save the Dates and thought it would be fun to take some pictures at the wedding site.



So I guess, in some ways, we did engagement photos.



My friend (and fellow JMU Duke alum), Colleen, came over early to do my makeup. Is it strange that I'm 35 and have never had my make up done? I wish someone would do it for me every morning. She did a great job and I have no doubt some of the closer up pics will show her work.


My friend, Natalie (check out her blog, which is linked from mine) started doing photography a few years ago. She stated with mostly family photos and has worked her way up to weddings. She was kind enough to drive out to Dripping Springs and take photos of us (well over 400 I think). She sent us one as a sneak peak and I thought I'd share it. I don't know if this is the one we'll use but if they all look as great as this, it'll be hard to choose.



Carl was a great sport since I know this isn't his thing. I do think I win points for letting him still wear one of his graphic t-shirts (I mean, really, what else did I have to choose from) but I think it's best that the picture capture who we really are.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo! Natalie is the best... but, she did have pretty good subjects to work with :)

    ReplyDelete