Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


2011 was a pretty remarkable year. I look back on it with such gratitude - for my job, my friends, my family, my relationship with Carl. And 2012 is already giving me so much to look forward to. As I'm sure all of my adoring fans know by now, Carl proposed to me last week while we were in Big Sur.

Even prior to his proposal, we'd had a great trip. We enjoyed 4 days in San Francisco, staying at Jenn and Tom's house while they were out of town. We both loved walking to eat, going to the movies, driving to Napa, eating Chinese food and sleeping in. It was one of the most relaxing trips I've ever had.

Big Sur was, of course, beautiful and relaxing in its own way, too. We couldn't get enough pictures of the waves crashing on the enormous rocks. Of course the best part of the trip was our engagement. Carl surprised me after a hike one afternoon with a proposal and beautiful ring. While I had no doubt we'd get married it's great to officially call him my fiance and begin to plan our wedding and life together.

3 comments: