Monday, April 26, 2010

Coffee, Water, Computer, Remote Table

I'm sure I can assume why coffee tables are called coffee tables but, to be honest, they are so much more to me than that.

I haven't had one for a few months. Well, I actually just moved the one I was using (a borrowed white-clothed ottoman from Devon) into my bedroom. But it's been such a big decision to buy one.

What did I want it to look like? Wood? Glass?

What shape did I want it to be? Round? Square? Oval?

After many stores, online views and discussions with friends, I bought one yesterday at West Elm.

So I'm thrilled to have my coffee table, which will not only hold my coffee on Saturday mornings, my wine on Monday nights with Jess, my computer on many a night when I'm catching up on work, my remote controls, my magazines and last, but not least, my feet.

Welcome to the family:

And, just to keep you up to date, Haley and Matt's shower was a huge success at my house! Thanks to mother nature making one of the most beautiful days and nights in Austin, we were able to really make the most of my backyard. I'll post pictures soon but suffice it to say it was so much fun to host at my home and I look forward to another party sometime soon. I mean, really, anytime someone wants to come by, I've got plenty of beer and wine for awhile.....

And, last but certainly not least.....this past weekend I participated in my first Girls on the Run event. My first board meeting is next Monday but they asked all of the new board members (there are 3 of us) to participate in this event to see what it was all about. Kelsey agreed to go with me and despite only 4 hours of sleep, we hit the road bright and early at 6am to drive to Leander (40 minutes away).

It was a beautiful morning and a great event. Kelsey and I were both 'running buddies', which means that we were assigned to run with one of the 8-10 year old girls who had just completed the Girls on the Run training program at their school. I ran with Marie, who was both sweet and sassy. At one point she grabbed her friend, who was walking and said 'this isn't Girls on the Walk'. I was cracking up.

Meanwhile, we ran, walked, meandered, looked at trees, picked up rocks and 50 minutes later finished our 3 mile run. But, about half way through, Marie grabbed my hand and didn't say a word. She didn't need to. It was all worth it at that moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment