Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sew Happy!

Finally! I've sewn my curtains. The funny thing is that I took tomorrow off work b/c I felt like I never had time during the weekends to get this project done. But clearly I was just procrastinating. I guess all I had to do was plan a day off and the night before (today) I'd get motivated. The logic in that is lost on me so I'm certain it won't make sense to any of you.

But I think I worked myself up so much that this project would be so hard and I'd screw it up that I was afraid to start it. While the curtains are by no means perfectly straight, they look good and I'm really happy with the pattern. The ones for the french doors are just hanging over the rod right now b/c I need to buy curtain clips tomorrow but I've hung the one in the kitchen window for a sneak peak. In case you can't tell, it's little birdies in green and white, on green leaves and black branches - to match my black cabinets and green knobs.

And, the best part of all is that I had fun doing this. It took about 3 hours of measuring, pinning, ironing, sewing, re-measuring, unpinning, trouble shooting a sewing machine error, re-threading the bobbin and needle but I loved it all. I was reminded today why I love sewing. It has such a soothing effect when you're doing it and you can be lulled by the sewing machine noise. And you walk away with a tangible product.

So what will I do tomorrow now? Besides waiting for Best Buy to come check out my leaking washing machine. I told myself I wouldn't (couldn't) run errands but since places were closed today I think my timing got flip-flopped. Today ended up being sewing day and tomorrow is errand and rest day.

As an end note, please enjoy Buster watching the horse in my next door neighbors yard. He came for a visit and all the grandchildren took turns riding him in circles.

1 comment:

  1. Horse!! Ah, east side, we love you so. And your curtains looks fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete