Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 'Off'

I took today off work but I still found myself very busy. I woke up bright and early to a call from Best Buy at 7:45 telling me they'd be by to look at my washing machine between 8:30 and 10:30. Luckily, they were here at 8:45 so I didn't have to sit around too long. Turns out that a air/water alternate valve has been missing from my washer this entire time I've had it. So they added that and showed me how to clean my filter.

First of all, I'm so grateful it was under warranty. Second of all, who knew a washing machine had a filer? And that you had to clean it? Every 3 months!!! How do people learn these things? So, after he left, I followed his instructions and cleaned mine. After dealing with the murky water, I found that it wasn't very dirty but I feel empowered to take better care of my washer now. Between learning how to re-power my tankless hot water heater and this, I feel pretty proud of myself.

Speaking of pride. My curtains are hung. Today, I took a few trips to The Home Depot and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Mostly b/c I wanted to find just the right curtain clips. I was both overwhelmed and shocked with the variety and choices. First I couldn't remember if I had a brushed or regular nickel curtain rod and then I had no idea what the width size of the curtain rod was. So I took a few choices home and one worked. So, back to the stores I went to return and exchange. Once the curtains were hung, I had to make some slight alterations in length. But thank goodness I could take length off. Adding length would have been hard and my curtains would have looked like capri pants. The light is shinging behind the curtains so they were hard to capture on film, especially without Devon to help me adjust for the light but you'll get the idea.

So I realize they still need to be ironed but I'm really happy with them. And they were hung just in time. Summer is quickly approaching Austin and my french doors are the recipients of tons of afternoon sun. So my curtains will provide both privacy and sun protection.

In addition to the above, I also went to Target, the bank, ordered some things online I needed and went to pilates and spent time with both Jen and Jess today. All in all, a great day 'off'.

The second best thing about having a three day weekend is having a four day week.

2 comments:

  1. Do all washer's have filters??? I might need you to show me what you learned.

    And the curtains are amazingly cute (and well made!).

    ReplyDelete