Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quarterly Check-In

I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by and that it's mid-April. I thought it was about time to check in on the 2010 resolutions and see what my progress is:

So what about 2010? Here's what I came up with:
1. Complete 1 housing project/month - I've done a great job with this one. Between gutters and curtains and new furniture and art work and planting a tree, this one seems easy to get motivated for.
2. Get pet insurance for Buster (once I have it I probably won't need it but better safe then sorry) - I've done some initial research and talked to the vet techs I volunteer with at the Animal Trustees of Austin and some friends who have it for their dogs but I'm still torn. I hear mixed messages and mixed reviews. So I'm going to keep researching and will decide by the end of the year.
3. Actively pursue long-term, healthy relationships with men (I clarify the gender b/c I'm pretty successful in my female friendships) - Again, I'm researching and trying. It's been a few months since I went on a date but I have been trying to create more opportunities. I even went to a professional lacrosse game this weekend in hopes of meeting someone and I have practiced flirting with men. All in all this continues to be a work in progress.

And life continues to be good for 2010. I was just asked to serve on a board of non-profit, work is very busy but great, I've got some upcoming personal travel planned and I'm still out of credit card debt. I hope Q2 continues to be as good as Q1 was.

1 comment: