Monday, September 3, 2012

My Happy Place....

Many of my friends know how much I love Anthropologie. While I may not always love the price tags I love the clothes and enjoy the Anthropologie shopping experience so much.  In a recent dinner with some girlfriends we listed things that make us happy. Sure enough, Anthropologie was on mine.  So, when Jen, Devon, Sue, Haley, Kelsey, Missy and Nicole got together to begin to plan my Austin shower it quickly rose to the top of the list as the perfect choice.

And perfect it was!  Every little detail came together so well and I loved the entire experience.  Of course once I knew it was going to be at Anthropologie I had to get a dress from there. Little did I know how much shopping would happen that day, too.

In top of all the usual shower things - games, mimosas, delicious food and gifts - there were some extra special details as well.  The water bottles had labels that matched the shower invitations, there were cookies as party favors, also with matching labels and I got a personal shopper! While the store supplied a personal shopper for me, many of my friends took on this role as well and there were lots of clothes tried on and purchased. And not just for me!

I've never been to a bridal shower where I've been naked so much but the mimosas and having such great friends helped!  It was extra special to me that my mom, nieces and future sister-in-laws got to be there, too.











As I've already described - I feel like such a lucky girl and this is just one more reason I feel so grateful for all my friends have done for me - this year and always.   The monogrammed caftans (hooded robes featured above) were only a small way that I could think to thank my giflfriends.

After a month of celebrations it's time for a bit of a quiet month, though.  Carl and I are starting a 2 week detox and I'd like to get my exercise and eating routine back on track.  While there is plenty to do for the wedding this month I'm so happy to be able to look back on all the exciting things that have already happened to celebrate Carl and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment