Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dogs

When Max was still alive, part of my daily (actually twice daily) routine was taking him on walks.  I did this before and after work. Every day.  And I loved it.  It was so much a part of my routine.

For some reason I never got into this habit with Buster. I'm not sure if it's because when I first got Buster he had leg surgery and had activity limitations for 6 weeks. Or maybe I didn't feel ready to share that experience with Buster so soon after Max. Or maybe I just got lazy?

I certainly know I got busier.  I never had to walk Max in the dark before work because I got to work later. I'm often leaving my house before it's light out now so I'm not sure when I would do this.

But every so often I do walk Buster.  And he loves it! It makes him so happy.  Instead of walking him every day he gets to do different things than Max ever did. He goes to doggy daycare once/week and goes out with Carl on adventures in Dripping Springs (and really all over). He's even been camping all over Texas.

Sometimes I can't believe that I've actually  had Buster longer than Max.  Max will always hold a special place in my heart (and on our bookshelf where his ashes are). He'll always be my first dog.  But I love Buster very much and he's such a happy dog. Especially when I walk him, which I did yesterday.

We went for a 45 minute walk after work because the weather has been so amazing lately.  He loved it (let's be honest, he loves going in the car regardless of where we end up) and I loved it afterwards when he slept for hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment