Sunday, September 30, 2012

Where In The World Is Mellie?

I've been a bit of a slacker lately on writing blog posts. But it's certainly not because I don't have plenty to write about.  I've just hardly been home.

In the past 10 days I've been the following places.  Austin to Los Angeles to Santa Barbara back to Los Angeles to Austin.  Then Austin to Baltimore to Norfolk to Chicago and back to Austin.  Finally Austin to Chicago and back to Austin.

In between all this travel I've had to try to keep up with work and plan our wedding, which is less than 4 weeks away now. Carl wasn't traveling during this time so while it was sad we weren't both in Austin together I was happy to know he was home with Buster and the chickens.

Oh, the chickens. Sadly I have a Barley update. After a few days of not returning home (again), Carl confirmed his suspicion that she was nesting under the shed and found her little body and over a dozen eggs.  Sadly the eggs were no good and Barley was no longer for this world.  So then there were 4 chickens, 2 of which are now laying eggs.

While a lot of these trips have been work related I did enjoy a long weekend in Santa Barbara with Chris, Missy, Lucie and Audrey.  It was beautiful and we enjoyed lots of great sunsets and time in the pool.



So now I'm home (and so is Carl for some of the time!) until October 10, which will be my last work travel before the wedding.  So the countdown to the wedding and the much awaited honeymoon continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment