Friday, August 31, 2012

Wedding Updates

It's been a busy few weeks around the Sileo/Stewart household. I've had two bridal showers - one in Austin and one in DC - and celebrated my 36th birthday. Yikes!  I also took a few days off of work to both relax and get some wedding stuff done. Sadly I'm not sure that I've done much of either - yet. I had some car issues to deal with (yep, the bad luck continues...) and found out that my wedding coordinator can no longer work with me for the weekend of my wedding. I also had my second dress fitting yesterday and almost fainted b/c I couldn't breathe. I'd like to believe it has nothing to do with the dress being too tight but she's making some adjustments and I'll try, again, in a few weeks.  Sigh.

But it will all work out, right? I'm going to make lemonade out of lemons - or whatever they say (incidentally I just had some delicious lemonade at lunch - boy, I miss sugar sometimes). 

So regardless of these hiccups, I will persevere.  I'm already working on finding a new wedding coordinator (with just 8 weeks to go...). My car is in the shop for round 1 of 2 repairs (round 1 is mechanical, round 2 is cosmetic) and I'm off to San Antonio tomorrow for the weekend with Carl. Where I believe the real relaxing will begin.  We are going the swanky JW Marriot hotel and spa for 3 days where I plan to do lots of lounging by the pool, get a massage and just overall be waited on.  Additionally, Carl is practically done with the deck we'll get married on (picture below) and I had some amazing bridal showers. I don't have many pictures yet but wanted to pass along this one below from my DC shower.


My mom and Aunt Kate threw me a lovely shower in DC and I got to see many of my high school and college friends - some that I hadn't seen in years.  It was like a mini reunion for many of us and the gifts, wine and amazing carrot cake were a bonus.  Pictured below are two of my best friends from high school (Shannon, who I met in 7th grade and Stephanie who I met in 1st grade) and one of my best friends (and later post-grad school roommate in DC) from college, Kristy.  We all went to college together and hadn't all seen each other maybe since graduation which was in (gulp) 1998.

I stayed the night after the shower with Pam in Arlington and Leslie came in from Massachusetts to help celebrate.  Pam, Leslie, Kim and I went out to dinner, which turned into drinks, which turned into more drinks, which turned into dancing, which turned into late night pizza, which turned into 3am.  I felt so old the next day but a little proud that I could still do it. That being said, I'm happy to have my lame, early to bed life back and after a lovely birthday dinner last night we went to sleep by 10pm.  I love my life.

I'll post more pictures soon of my Austin shower and all the splendor that was Anthropologie!

No comments:

Post a Comment