Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Mellie

As someone who typically loves my birthday it certainly didn't feel like as big a deal this year.  It may be because the entire month leading up to it I spent celebrating with friends. It could also just mean that I'm getting older and 36 isn't nearly as fun as 26. But it sure does feel better than I thought it would.

I'm not sure what I thought my life would be like now but I really have no complaints (accept the occasional headache after too much wine).  Overall I have a great fiance, great friends, wonderful family, a job I love (which is also part of some of the headaches noted above) and a lot to be happy about.

So after a relaxing day off of work including a facial and pedicure, I went to dinner with Carl, Jess and Ken.  I didn't even have cake or blow out any candles and we were in bed by 10:30.

But the big celebration was going to San Antonio for the weekend with Carl. While it was certainly my birthday weekend (and Carl pretty willingly let me milk that all weekend) it was mostly an excuse to relax and spend 3 full days with Carl, which hasn't happened in months.

And relaxing we did! From the moment we go there, we did a lot of sitting around - sitting on the bed (as you can see here), drinking wine, sitting by the pool drinking cocktails, sitting in inner tubes enjoying the lazy river.  I also squeezed in a massage and we slept 9-10 hours each night.  I'd say we enjoyed the down time for sure.

We did manage to write our wedding ceremony and go for a run one morning so we weren't completely lazy the entire time.


It was so important to me to have that time with Carl and, as we joked, when going to sleep back at home, that won't happen again until our honeymoon. Which is just 8 weeks away!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love all of your posts - so much to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete