Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bachelorette Mellie

There are very few blog posts that I feel anxious about writing.  If there is something in my life that I don't want to share, I just don't write about it.  But the things in my life that I do want to share; the things that are so special and important, I don't know that I can adequately write about how much they mean to me.  One of those experiences (and I envision several others happening in the near future) is my bachelorette party.

My anxiety is not rooted in nervousness. It's more that I just don't know that I can give the full experience the words it deserves. 

Two weekends ago Haley, Devon, Jen, Jess, Nicole, Sue and Jen H. went to Marble Falls and stayed at Nicole's parent's house on the lake to celebrate me.  Weird to even write that.  This whole wedding experience has felt a bit surreal and having a bachelorette party added to that surrealness.  I've planned for and been to countless bachelorette parties for my friends.  And now it was my turn.  Wow.


In summary (don't worry, I'll go into some details) the weekend was all I could have hoped for. And more.  I'm so lucky to have such great girlfriends who know me so well and could anticipate all my needs and wants. 

The day started with a walk and tacos with Jess. She and I then picked up Jen Long and headed to our rendezvous point at Haley's new house.  Sue met us there and the 5 of us were off toward Marble Falls with a stop along the way for manis, pedis and bubbles.  It was the first of many drinks on the trip and the first of many times I was waited on.

When we arrived in Marble Falls, Nicole and Devon were already there and had been doing lots of prep work.  Snacks and more bubbles (French 75s this time) were ready for the sharing.  After a tour of the magnificent home we'd stay in for the next few days, the lounging began.  Some of us put our bathing suits on and headed down to the lake for some lounging with noodles.

The night continued with a tasty dinner out at a local Mexican restaurant where we got awkward back rubs from the owner. But that didn't ruin our time or impact the massive amount of food we ate.  We proceeded home to watch the Olympics, drink more and get to bed at a reasonable hour (this is exactly what I wanted).

The morning started with, you guessed it, more lounging.  This time it was on the back porch with coffee (yep, I was allowed to have it on this trip), fruit, frittata (thank you, again, Devon and Nicole) and magazine reading.  Once the bathing suit went on, the drinks began again.  Starting with delicious bloody marys.  The day was spent doing whatever you wanted around the house. I spent most of my time in the lake, sipping cocktails and laughing with my friends. 

The lunch was a spread of grazing type foods (my faves!) and more drinks and an afternoon movie break to watch The Hangover.  Then it was time to get ready for the night!  This time there were gifts to be opened (details will be kept private for this portion of the evening) and a long distance video toast from many of my friends who couldn't make it for the weekend.  Once I changed into my evening outfit (there were many wardrobe changes) a dance party began until our dinner was ready.  Dinner turned into games and games turned into more drinks and the Olympics.  Again, I was in bed at a decent time and up early the next morning (with only a minor headache). 

While some ladies had to leave early on Sunday, I hung around for a few hours - spent some more time in the lake and lounging.

It's hard to imagine how the weekend could have been better. I think the only thing missing was Kelsey (and, of course, my friends from afar) who had a change of plans at the last minute. And, of course, I could have stayed longer. 

I am so lucky to have such good friends and will remember this weekend for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think your bachelorette party went quite well. : ) It looks like you were enjoying yourself on the last picture. Friends are certainly the ingredients to a simple, fun and unforgettable activity, no matter the occasion and time.

    - Ella Fleming

    ReplyDelete