Thursday, August 9, 2012

Girls Night Out

Every so often (note: a few times a year) I go out with my girlfriends for a night 'on the town' (even typing that makes me feel old).  I'm a pretty social person and have dinners out with friends, go to movies and am constantly making plans. But most things have me home by 9pm, which I'm just fine with.

But a few times a year we'll go out past midnight. The key to this is going to a late dinner (I like to think this is prepping me for our honeymoon to Spain where eating dinner at 9 or 10pm is commonplace), not eating too much and pacing myself.  Yep, I'm old. 

The other night, Devon invited us out to Fader Uncapped hosted by Fader magazine, which her cousin is in charge of.  It was a Tuesday. But we did it. We went out. Granted, we were home by 11:15 but it was a Tuesday!  The band ended up being DJ A-Track, who I have never heard of but he recently played at Lollapalooza so that seems like a big deal.  We danced a little bit, people watched and all in all had a good time.  I'm always happy when I go out and do something different from my normal routine but certainly have no idea how people do it all the time.  How even I used to do it all the time.  As my 36th birthday approaches I am reminded why you go to college when you are young.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment