Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree....



Last night, Carl and I put up our Christmas Tree. As you may recall, two years ago (at an amazing end-of-the-year sale) I got a fake tree. While I mourned the loss of real trees and real tree smells, I was reminded last night why I got a fake tree. It's a perfect little tree for my perfect little house.



Carl isn't much into traditions, which is something I'm working to accept but he loves me very much and supports my desire to have traditions. So while I was unpacking the ornaments, he put on some holiday music and hung the lights outside on the front porch.



Even though Carl and I started dating right before Christmas last year (our third date was on Christmas Eve) this is our first big holiday together. To kick it off, we already bought our Christmas gift to each other - a great new, 'fancy' SLR camera! I'm excited to take it on trips, especially our upcoming one to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment