Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Veggie (and Herb) Love

We have a garden! A real garden!



It's something I've always hoped to have. To be able to pick tomatoes and squash from plants I've grown sounds quite divine. But I didn't know much about how to get started.


We had a garden as kids growing up but my brother did most of the work. So I thought I'd start small with some herbs.


But Carl is ambitious and doesn't let a challenge get the best of him. So he built us a garden and we planted tomatoes, eggplant, squash, cucumbers, jalapenos, rosemary, basil, mint, thyme and oregano.


So far, so good. I think the biggest challenge will be keeping the neighborhood wildlife (a.k.a. feral cats) out of our garden bed. I'll be sure to send regular updates of how things are growing.





No comments:

Post a Comment