Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Zoo Playdate

Last weekend Missy was out of town so Chris asked for some help with the girls. It was super fun to spend so much time with Lucie and Audrey. Audrey just turned 6 months and is getting so close to crawling. I may or may not have tried to tempt her to crawl by holding a toy at arms length to see if she would go for it....



On Sunday I took the two girls to Mayfield Park (otherwise known to me as 'Peacock Park') where they could check out the peacocks and peahens. Sadly, I didn't get pictures of that. I think the most important thing to capture was me trying to maneuver a double stroller down the hills of Balcones and trying to hold two small children in my arms who were both a bit scared of the peacock noises.

But I did get pictures from Saturday when I took Lucie to the Austin Zoo along with Jen, Larkin and Layne. The zoo in Austin is more of a wildlife rescue center. It's one circle with 1 bear, 4 lions, 4 tigers, a few monkeys, 4 wolves (one of which has 3 legs) and a bunch of goats. But the girls had a blast!

Between the train ('choo choo') that pretty much drives you around some statues and the feeding pens (again, more goats), the kids were in heaven! It was a great activity to do with the girls and it was one more special way I could spend time with Lucie.

I look forward to more special bonding moments with Audrey as she gets older (and more mobile) but will continue to enjoy the special one-on-one time Tia Mellie and Lucie get to have.


1 comment: