Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome Home, Carl

It's been less than a year and a half since I started this blog - all due to a big change in my life - buying my first home!

Well, now I'm having another first - living with Carl (really living with any boy).

Carl has officially moved in and I couldn't be happier. After only a little more than 3 months of dating (we like to round up to a year) we've made this big decision. And it couldn't feel more natural.

Just like everything else in our relationship, it feels completely right.

We started talking about moving in together after only 6 weeks. I had trouble wrapping my head around it because it felt so soon. I quickly realized that ‘soon’ was relative and that while we hadn’t been dating that long, we had spent a lot of time together, got along great and communicated so well that time didn’t feel normal. I was caught up in what people would think and how they would react.

And, to be honest, if any of my friends said they were moving in with someone after this short period of time, I may question it. So I expect that and I get it. But that doesn’t change my mind. And I had to get past my own concerns of what others would think and choose what I think is right for me. For us.

And this just feels right. More right than I ever thought something could feel. I now get it. I get how a relationship can and should feel when you’re both mature, open, loving people. So, I’m making room in my 670 square foot house for him. For us.

So while the origin of my blog was about a single gal, living in her first home it’s now evolved. It’s now about two people in love, sharing a (tiny) home. The good news is that we’ll have even more projects to blog about including a soon to be planted garden.

I do, periodically, have flashbacks to the Friends episode when Monica and Chandler decide to move in together and she whines, “I live with a boy!”…..yep, I can relate. Living with a boy is far different than living with a girl. But so far, it’s way better.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome Home, Carl! I think it's great that you're so happy - and I can tell you are every time I pass you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may have made me a little teary-eyed while reading. So happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete