Monday, April 25, 2011

Extra Storage Space




For the past few weeks Carl (with a little help from me) has been working on our next housing project. It's something that I've wanted to do since I moved in but out of necessity it's happening now - building a shed.



Despite the fact that Carl is pretty much a minimalist and doesn't have a lot of stuff, he does have a lot of tools and bikes and our house is pretty full already. There was limited storage for even just me so having some extra space will be helpful for both of us.



Carl keeps commenting on how slowly he's completing this project, but I'm more than impressed. Considering he's been traveling every work week, he's made the most of his time on weekends building an 8x12 shed.



There are a few more steps before it's complete but I thought I'd show some progression in the past few weeks.







Otherwise, life continues to be pretty hectic and great. In addition to Carl's busy travel schedule, mine has increased a bit. We went about 10 days without seeing each other, minus a few hours here and there we overlapped. We're apart again now for a week. We both do a really good job of staying in touch and making sure our time together is great. Considering how independent we both are, it works for us. I'm just very grateful that for the first few months we were dating it wasn't like this. I think it certainly would have changed our progression and since I'm so happy where we are now, it's hard to imagine things being any different.



Suffice it to say, living together continues to be great. Growing a garden and growing our love - one tomato (or five so far!) and weekend (well, most of them) at a time.



And, finally, just for fun, here's Lucie celebrating Easter:







1 comment:

  1. If I wasn't so happy for you, I might have made a puking sound at the "growing our love" comment (-:

    ReplyDelete