Sunday, October 31, 2010

Katie Gets Married!

I've been in Greenville, SC for the past 4 days for Katie's wedding.

I could still cry as I type this b/c it was such an amazing experience - lovely weather, adorable town, wonderful events, beautiful bride, great friends - need I say more?

Katie moved to England over a year and a half ago and shortly thereafter met and fell in love with Rob, her now husband. This may have been the first time I was in a wedding and hadn't me the groom first. But I've known Katie for most of my life and completely trust her and had no doubt Rob was the one for her. Turns out, she was right. He clearly loves and adores her and she deserves nothing less.

I've been to a lot of weddings and been in a lot of weddings but there was something extra special about this one for me. I don't know if I just got caught up in the amazing weather and days of festivities but when a childhood friend gets married you can't help but reflect on how long you've known each other and all the things you've been through.

I'm so lucky that I'm so close with so many friends from high school. Jenn, Steph, Katie and I may go months or years without seeing each other but it's so easy and comfortable to be around them. It had been years since we'd all been together but it felt like yesterday. I guess that's the beauty of people knowing you maybe better than you know yourself sometimes.

I could go on and on about all the mushy details but suffice it to say it was a wonderful weekend. I laughed, cried, ate and drank my way through Greenville. Katie's parents and sister and her family were fantastic hosts.

Here are a few shots from the weekend:

Katie, me, Jenn and Steph out for 'ladies night'


Mr. and Mrs. Robert Dunn - just moments after their 'I dos'


The four of us, again, on the last night eating east coast bbq (which still wins my vote any day over Texas bbq)


I can't thank Katie enough for including me in such a wonderful event and my oldest and dearest friends for making me laugh so much this weekend. I already miss you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying just reading it!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing time we had!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love you!!!! BTW - I don't see your Mexico pics on FB???

    ReplyDelete