Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tia Mellie x2

Baby Sileo #2 was born bright and early on Saturday morning. She's adorable and healthy and, compared to tiny Lucie, she's enormous! Okay so she's 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches but that seems huge compared to 5lb Baby Lucie.

It all started with a phone call at midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning from Missy. I had just gone to bed and saw her number on my phone and knew it was go-time. I packed up some things for Buster and me and got over to their house around 12:30. Once Missy was pretty certain she was in labor, she and Chris headed to the hospital (around 2am). They continued to provide me text updates as I tried to get some sleep and await Lucie's morning routine.

While Lucie was eating her breakfast, her little sister was born! The name hasn't been decided on yet although they promise she'll have one before they leave the hospital.

My main job during all this was to take care of Lucie. We had such a fun day together - going to the park with Jen, Larkin and Layne, playing in the backyard with Bailey and Buster, coloring and playing with play-doh and reading 'I'm a Big Sister' that Jen gave us. I'm not sure she quite understood it but she did ask me to read it to her twice and sat in my lap while I read it, which she doesn't do that much anymore.

All in all, it was a great day with her. Despite how tired I was and how anxious I was to meet my new niece, it was so special to me that I got to spend this time with her - before there are two all the time. Lucie and I have always had a special bond (at least I think so). It's hard to know if that's b/c she's the first or because of the circumstances she was born under or if it's just simply her personality. But I look forward to creating a unique bond with her little sister, too!

So far, so good:


3 comments: