Sunday, August 1, 2010

What I've Been Up To

My mom visited about a week ago. She tries to come to Austin every few months to see my niece, which works out well for me. We gave Chris and Missy some time off and babysat my niece, took her shopping and watched her play. I'm pretty sure she's cooler than me.....


Then I left for a five day trip to San Francisco. I was going there for work but added on a day to my trip to see one of my closest friends, Jenn, her husband and two kids. Jenn and I have known each other since we were kids and her husband, Tom, also went to high school with us. Being with them is like being with family - in all the good ways. It's easy and you feel right at home. It reminds me how lucky I am to have such great friends across the world and from all different parts of my life.

She has two adorable boys - Jack and Ben - and we made the most of being outside. The temps were in the 50s but I was thrilled! It's over 100 in Texas now so anything below 80 feels good to me.


Sadly, it took me a long time to get back to Austin. I had some lengthy flight delays and arrived home at 2am today. I'm so grateful today was a Sunday so I'd have one day to recover and get ready for a full work week. My next trip takes me to NYC. So I can't complain too much - work does take me to cool places. But nothing beats coming home (note: this awning doesn't actually exist above my home but we saw it in San Francisco and couldn't resist taking a picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment