Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wedding BBQ

After we purchased our new car, we took it on a spin to Lockhart, Texas, to eat some BBQ.  We've known since we got engaged that we wanted to have BBQ at our wedding and that we wanted to choose a place in Lockhart.  Finally, after many delays, we made it to Lockhart to make the big decision. 

There are 3 famous and 1 less famous BBQ places in Lockhart.  After calling them on Friday, we learned that only two of them actually cater so that made our choice even easier.  We went to Black's and Chisholm Trail and picked up enough brisket, sausage and sides for Carl and myself as well as some friends who live in Lockhart.  We went over to their place to eat and get their feedback. 

And boy was it good. And gluttonous. 

Growing up in Virginia, BBQ only meant pulled pork. When I moved to Texas I learned it means any meat that has been cooked in a pit.  At first, I didn't like it because I felt like, on principal, it wasn't BBQ. But I've gotten over that and as my tastes have evolved so has my love for BBQ.  We decided not to try ribs because while I want the wedding to be casual, I think eating meat off a bone takes it to a totally new level.

After much debate, we've decided on Black's!  I think I'm still full from yesterday and we still need to decide on pies (although Royer's is the clear winner to me so far) and which Freebird's burrito bar.  Tough decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment