Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cookie Tasting!



This past weekend my mom was in town. While she was certainly here to spend time with her two adorable granddaughters, she also wanted to help me with some wedding activities. Jess decided to host a cookie and white wine tasting at her house on Saturday afternoon. She went to 6 different bakeries in town and got cookie samples and I brought over some white wine.

We tasted the cookies blindly, and then rated them and drank some wine and rated those as well. The cookies were all tasty but I think we walked away with a winner. Then, again, when Carl tried them the next night he had a different opinion so we may need to start all over (tough job).

The wine tasting was fun, too, although we only got chardonnays, since that's what my mom drinks. I should have done my research ahead of time, though and realized that chardonnay doesn't go with BBQ. So more wine tasting needs to occur as well.

Jess was so sweet to host this for my mom and me and, as always, I'm grateful to have such great friends.

This coming weekend Carl and I are going bbq tasting to decide who will cater are wedding. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment