Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Camping



This year for Easter, Carl and I camped on his land with Jess and Ken. Thinking back to last Easter I think we camped then, too. But just the two of us.

This time, Jess, Ken and their two dogs - Annie and Moses - joined us. We got out there on Saturday afternoon to perfect, sunny weather. We walked around a bit and showed them the work Carl had done on the land to prep it for the wedding and then hiked to the swimming hole where the dogs and the humans enjoyed a lazy afternoon. It was really a pretty great day. We grilled out that night, sat by the camp fire and drank adult beverages and ate cookies. The next morning we did more of the same - sitting and eating and talking. I am so glad that I got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people and four legged creatures.

The rest of Easter was spent doing things around the house - tending to Buster's mangy hair and the chickens, who are now 4 weeks old.

I took today off of work to get caught up on some wedding related things. Sadly I spent most of the day just getting caught up on life - laundry, chores, errands - but it was much needed and I'm feeling pretty accomplished today.

I've also been meaning to give an update that my follow up yeast test after my detox came back with no signs of yeast! I am very proud of myself that I got rid of it all simply by changing my diet. It's amazing what you can do when you just adjust what you're putting in your system. It was a good reminder to me that you don't always have to rely on western medicine. There is certainly a time and a place for it but I'm glad I took the more natural route and now know what to do if it happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment