Sunday, April 22, 2012

Subaru Take 2

I bought my Subaru Forester almost 3 years ago.  It was after much debate that I decided to go with the Forester instead of the Outback. I wasn't sure I felt like a 'wagon' person like the Outback is.  Most importantly the new Outback model that was just coming out in 2009 I loved but couldn't afford at the time. So I went with the Forester and while it served a great purpose and I never worried about it being dirty I never really loved it.  I also felt like it was cursed from the beginning.  It was broken into, got multiple flat tires, rear-ended twice, cracked windshield and regular check engine light occurrences.

Looking back, I thought for sure I bought it during a Mercury Retrograde (a time when the world is a bit haywire and you shouldn't enter into any contracts or agreements) but I didn't.  A few weeks ago when I got stranded in a parking lot because the car wouldn't shift gears I decided enough was enough. I was ready to move on and get the Outback this time. 

So after selling my car to Carmax (thanks, Carl!) and reviewing my finances and options online I bought one yesterday!  I'll admit that it was nice not to have a car payment for a few weeks but I missed having my own car. I'm sure Carl wished I'd gone longer to save more money but I think we're both pleased with the new car.  So welcome home 2011 Subaru Outback!

No comments:

Post a Comment