Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Garden Time!









It's that time of year again - time to plant!



It's hard to believe that it's been a year since Carl built our first garden bed. While we didn't have a super successful Fall or Winter garden, we did get some lettuce out of it (that Carl is proudly flaunting) and have made some salads and sides out of that and some kale.



But we're really excited to get our Spring garden started and did some planting the last two weekends. We're planting some things from seed - cucumber, squash, beets and swiss chard and some things from plant - tomatoes, jalapenos. And we still have some lettuce and cauliflower blooming from the winter vegetables.



Needless to say, Carl and I are very excited to see what we grow and, of course, to eat it!



As a detox update - I'm finishing day 15 and still feeling great! I'll admit that it's challenging to realize I have 13 more days to complete but when I remember how great I'm sleeping and how good my skin looks, it's all worth it. I'm curious to know the results and hopefully to be able to have more flexibility in my diet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment