Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One Week Left

Today marks day 21 of my detox. The longest detox I did prior to this was also for 21 days so I feel like I've hit a milestone. With only one week left I'll admit that I'm ready for this to be over. I don't mind what I'm eating. In fact, I enjoy meat and veggies so it's not a bad diet to be on. But I do wish I had a little more variety and the occassional sugary treat or glass of wine.

This past weekend Carl and I decided to have friends over for dinner since we've felt a little anti-social. It's hard to eat out on this detox so having people over is the easiest thing. Thanks to a borrowed roasting pan and rack we made my first rib roast. We also made zucchini cakes and a big salad as well as some hummus and spiced nuts for an appetizer. While everyone else (except Carl and Kelsey) enjoyed wine and cookies (Carl ate some of those), I enjoyed my fizzy water. I did enjoy waking up the next morning with a clear head and always love having friends over.

This week I'm trying to make some other new things like a bison stew. So while I'll make it one more week for sure, I really hope this worked and the yeast is all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment