Tuesday, February 28, 2012

21 Days Left

Today was day 7 of my detox (but who's counting?)

So far, it really hasn't been that hard. It isn't all that different than how I ate before (on my really good days) but it does force me to pay extra attention to labels. Turns out, sugar is in everything! I mean everything......

I find that I'm eating every couple of hours, even when I'm not hungry yet so that I never get to the point of being hungry. Because when I'm hungry I only want sugar or other delicious things I can't have right now. So far this strategy seems to be working. Nighttime feels the hardest. I'm not sure if it's because I'm in such a structure during the day and so busy at work that I don't think about food all that much.

Carl has been very supportive, too. He's mostly eaten the way I do since I do the grocery shopping and a lot of the cooking but he's also joined me in not drinking for the month (we'll excuse his one day slip up).

And while I miss some things (wine, M&M's, cheese...) the benefits are worth it. My skin is clearing up, my energy level is good and I'm sleeping great! So I know it's all worth it. I'm getting a little bored with my foods already so I think I need some variety. But otherwise, I can't complain.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Mellie! You've inspired me to try and cut out bad foods from my diet, too. I'm so proud of you for taking this on and so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete