Monday, November 21, 2011

Staycation

I took this week off work to get caught up on my life in Austin. I've been traveling so much this Fall that I wanted to have a few days to run errands and pamper myself a bit. I've had a very successful few days so far and it's only Monday. I've done the following:

1. Cleaned kitchen cabinets
2. Purged items from most rooms in my house -for Goodwill or Clothing Swap
3. Cleaned make up brushes
4. Made bingo boards for a Love Actually viewing party
5. Got mine and Carl's oil changed
6. Replaced my stolen (from over a year ago) social security card
7. Ran the usual errands

And the fun stuff I've done so far:

1. Got a massage
2. Took a few walks with friends
3. Saw a movie with friends
4. Went to Lockhart and ate pie (yep, they're known for BBQ but pie was the big winner this time)
5. Cooked dinner (with 3 new recipes) for Carl, Jess and Ken

And the things that are still yet to come this week:

1. Facial
2. Hair cut and color
3. Lunch with an old friend
4. Dinner with Chris and Missy (and Lucie and Audrey)
5. Carl's birthday!

And, of course, Thanksgiving! This year, for the first time since 2004, I won't be in Austin for Thanksgiving. It's very strange to me b/c I have a number of traditions during Thanksgiving week. But leaving town is all for one very good reason - Carl. It's his birthday and I said he could choose what we did. So we're driving to El Paso and camping with some friends of his. Buster's coming with us, too (that may not have been his birthday wish) and we'll have some non-traditional turkey ravioli. I know we'll have a great time. Pictures and full report coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment